What is PaperStream Capture?
PaperStream Capture, included FREE with Fujitsu fi Series scanners, delivers enhanced images to save time and money. Built upon PaperStream TWAIN and ISIS drivers, PaperStream Capture is a simple, front end scanning software.
Not to be confused with the optional,upgrade version: PaperStream Capture PRO
A high-quality, front end scanning software, PaperStream Capture Pro enhances Fujitsu fi Series’ superior scanning abilities with an improved feature set that includes options for high level data extraction and indexing, the import of electronic images, and support for multi-station licensing. PaperStream Capture Pro offers cost-effective improvement tools such as PaperStream IP for optimized image capture. As a distributed capture model, this scanner software captures your data without added costs and resources. This solution benefits organizations and departments that require an efficient yet easy way to convert paper documents into a digital file for high level data indexing and extraction. Improve records management processes and drive down business expenses with PaperStream Capture Pro.
PaperStream Capture Pro is an advanced version of the PaperStream Capture.
Information and pricing on the Pro version is here.
- Right-Click Ad Hoc Scanning - Simply right-click on your mouse to scan one-off documents. This allows a quick and easy way for users to bypass the QA/Indexing process in order to scan and save a document with file-type and destination options.
- Data collection - Detailed data collecting for monitoring performance for scan stations, indexing usage, and batch releases. This enables employees and managers to balance workloads, measure performance, and be pro-active on scanner maintenance.
- UI enhancements - All-In-One view shows your scanned documents, with the ability to re-scan or perform After Scan Correction, and indexing all on one screen. No need to toggle back and forth between screens. This reduces the number of clicks for single station environments, therefore saving users time and improving efficiency.
- OCR performance enhancements - Improved OCR accuracy using PaperStream Capture Pro’s character masking and field value metadata. Users can now access settings to improve OCR accuracy.
- Additional usability enhancements:
a. PDF import behavior
b. Keyboard shortcuts
c. Hot key assignment
d. Batch release status
Click on the profile icon for batch and ad hoc scanning. Clone, modify, or create new profiles with a clear, step-by-step interface. Setup single button scanning and release options. Included in the box, PaperStream Capture makes document workflow easier.
Standard File Outputs:
Scan to PDF, PDF/A, PDF with OCR, TIFF Group 4, Multipage TIFF, JPEG, JBIG with a single click.
Built-in Black and White, Color, and Auto-Color profiles to save time.
Batches automatically mark multi-feeds, blank pages, and document edge issues for fast quality control.
Detailed thumbnails and zoom allow for quick quality review.
Pause and resume batches to handle document scanning interruptions.SCA Profile Integration
Deploy fleet updates and profiles using Fujitsu's free Scanner Central Admin.
Use PaperStream IP integrated Assisted Scan Integration for quick rescan and powerful image clean up.
Separate documents with barcodes and patch codes to avoid post process file organization.
Read a barcode to name a file or folder for fast file organization.Release File Naming
Name scanned files at release for ad hoc batches.Barcode Support
Read 1D barcodes: UPC-A/EAN/JAN, Code 3 of 9, Code 128, Codabar (NW7), ITF.
Departmental scanners (fi-7180) and above support 2D barcodes, PDF417, QR Code, and Data Matrix.
Personalize batch icons for easy work-flow recognition.Profile Lock
Administrator can lock profiles to maintain scanning consistency.
.NET Framework 4.0 (plus the latest Window Update for Windows XP)
40 ppm/80 ipm
3 Yr. Wty.
60 ppm/120 ipm
65 ppm/130 ipm
3 Yr. Warranty
60 ppm/120 ipm
85 ppm/170 ipm
3 Yr. Wty
90 ppm/180 ipm