PDF Conversions and Questions
Acrobat pdf files have FOUR flavors, three of which can be read by the 'viewer'
We need to know which flavor your need. The cost, file size and appearance are all different. There isn't a "common" one. Choose which best fits your need.
- Normal- This is searchable text. (like a book) However, you cannot edit any text in it (just erase it). Images and text are 'one page'. The least common pdf.
- Image Only- this is as if we just scanned the pages and combined them into a file. These are not searchable, there are only "pictures" of the exact pages.
- Image+Hidden text- This is the easiest to work with. If you have a technical manual which has drawings in it, and you want to be able to search the text, but you need the drawing to be viewable too, this is the one flavor you want. The person viewing will SEE the image, and the original text scan, but will search only the converted text which is not viewable. (it will get them to the page they are looking for.) The best way to compare it is to do a search in a text document. You'll notice a black highlight box around the word. That's what appears in a pdf file too, except that the "scanned image" is in front or viewable. If you had a page where the top half is text and the bottom is a drawing, this is where you want to have the text searchable but the drawing viewable.
- YOU CANNOT MIX THE FLAVORS IN A PDF FILE!!!
- The fourth style is an adobe proprietary file format which is an intermediate pdf file in that you can edit the hidden text. Some people want to have 100% accuracy, in which case you need the 'raw file' to see the hidden text to edit before it is changed to hidden text in the pdf format. You will need special Adobe software (about $500.00 per seat) to view and edit these files, or we can, for an hourly fee.
This is always an issue. In order to determine an accurate price, we have to run the samples through a test to determine how long each page will take to process. Process determines cost. Some pages take 15 seconds, some will take 2 MINUTES!. Also the process will determine accuracy. Depending on the type of vocabulary used in the documents, the accuracy will be highest, higher, average and of course, fair. If its poor, you're better off with just images. Also, the quality of the original document is a key factor too!
50 ppm/100 ipm
3 Yr. Wty.
60 ppm/120 ipm
65 ppm/130 ipm
3 Yr. Warranty
60 ppm/120 ipm
85 ppm/170 ipm
3 Yr. Wty
90 ppm/180 ipm