The Canon DR-5010C Scanner
Productivity comes standard with the DR-5010C. This compact scanner is packed with power, yet built for effortless scanning of paper sizes up to 11" x 17". In addition to offering high-quality, production-level scanning at 50 ppm in color and black and white, the DR-5010C is versatile enough to meet a wide range of business needs. Whether scanning thick documents or plastic ID cards, the DR-5010C ensures smooth feeding with its innovative Straight Path design.
Diverse automatic and customizable functions allow you to scan documents faster and more efficiently than ever before. The DR-5010C can reliably handle batches of mixed document types with the ability to automatically straighten skewed documents and rotate upside down images. In the event of a misfeed, the Rapid Recovery System allows you to seamlessly continue scanning right where you left off and only sends completed image data to your PC.
Because speed alone isn't enough to satisfy the demands of paper-intensive business environments, the DR-5010C was designed to be as accurate as it is fast. For improved OCR results, a Custom Color Dropout feature allows you to remove color elements such as lines or shaded boxes. Automatically optimize readability of documents containing hard-to-scan elements such as faint text or pencil writing with two Text Enhancement modes.
The DR-5010C comes bundled with Canon's Capture Perfect and Adobe® Acrobat® software, in addition to a full-featured ISIS®/TWAIN driver.
The DR-5010C has been tested for compatibility with many of the industry's leading electronic document management solution providers. Please check canon's web site for a comprehensive compatibility listing.
- The DR-5010C employs an advanced 3-Line CMOS CIS sensor to achieve ultra-fast color scanning at the same rapid rate as black-and-white - 50 ppm in simplex or 100 ipm in duplex.
- If scanning is interrupted due to a misfeed, the Rapid Recovery System allows you to reposition the document and seamlessly continue scanning right where you left off - only complete image data is sent to the PC.
- Includes new Straight Path feeding mechanism for scanning documents of unusual size and weight, including plastic ID cards, driver's licenses and insurance cards.
- The DR5010C inherits Canon's renowned high-precision roller system to deliver smooth, jam-free feeding of a wide variety of document types, from plastic cards up to 11" x 17" paper sizes.
- Quickly and reliably scan mixed batches with efficiency-boosting features like Skip Blank Page and Automatic Page detection.
- Two Text Enhancement modes, Advanced or High Speed, automatically optimize the readability of documents that contain hard-to-scan elements such as faint text, dark backgrounds, or pencil writing.
- Features Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection to prevent lost images and ensure that every page of even large batches of documents is scanned.
Type: Desktop Document Scanner
Document Feeding: Automatic or Manual
Document Size: width: 2.1" - 11.8"
length: 2.8" - 17"
U-Turn Path Scanning:
Automatic feeding: 14-32 lb. Bond
Manual feeding: 11-40 lb. Bond
Straight Path Scanning:
Automatic feeding: 14-32 lb. Bond
Manual feeding: 11-144 lb. Bond
Scanning Element: 3-Line Contact Image Sensor
Light Source: RGB LED
Operating Modes: Simplex, Duplex, Color, Grayscale, B/W, Advance Text Enhancement, High-speed Text Enhancement, Error Diffusion, Multi-stream.
Scanning Resolution: 100-600 dpi
Automatic Feeder: Dynamic Skew Correction System
Approx: 100 sheets (80g/m2, up to Letter/A4 sizes)
Dual Interface: SCSI-III-USB 2.0
Scanning Speeds*: Simplex /Duplex
In Color, B/W & Grayscale
200 dpi: 50 ppm 100 ipm
* Examples based on typical settings, rated in Images Per Minute with letter-sized documents, portrait feeding direction @ 200 dpi with AE off. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application software.
ISIS/TWAIN for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/ 7
Dimensions: (H x W x D): 7.5" x 15.6" x 12.3"
Weight: Approx. 23 lb.
Power Consumption: Maximum 83W
Daily Duty Cycle: 6,000 Scans
* Letter-sized portrait w/o AE @ 200 x 100 dpi excluding first-page scanning. Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ISIS is a registered trademark of Pixel Translations, Inc Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc.
IMAGEANYWARE is a service mark of Canon U.S.A., Inc.
All other terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, and are hereby acknowledged. All specifications subject to change without prior notice.
Bundled Software: Canon CapturePerfect 3.0 and Adobe Acrobat Standard
40 ppm/80 ipm
3 Yr. Wty.
60 ppm/120 ipm
65 ppm/130 ipm
3 Yr. Warranty
60 ppm/120 ipm
85 ppm/170 ipm
3 Yr. Wty
90 ppm/180 ipm