The Canon DR-4010C Scanner
The Canon DR-4010C Scanner
For Canon Parts on this model
follow this link to our parts page
Featuring an advanced 3-line CMOS sensor technology, the DR-4010C device scans documents at a rapid rate of up to 42
ppm* and 84 ipm* in color just as quickly as in black and white.
Buyer's Laboratory Inc. gives the DR-4010C Highly Recommended rating.
The DR-4010C color document scanner features state of the art scanning technology that delivers exceptional image quality and speed. This fast, reliable desktop scanner packs top of the line features into a compact user-friendly unit without sacrificing image quality for speed.
Fine lines and intricate image details are captured with utmost
precision and clarity thanks to the DR-4010C device’s advanced scanner technologies. The 3-line sensor combined with the pinpoint color matching of the 3-Dimensional Color Correction chip reproduce exceptional vivid 24-bit color images.
To further ensure image clarity the DR-4010C scanner is equipped with automatic shading mechanism and extra-wide image sensor that adjust prior to each scan job for the finest image quality.
The DR-4010C device provides a clean and easy-to-read image in a matter of seconds. A hard-to-read image can be transformed into a crystal clear document with the Moiré function.** The new and improved three text enhancement modes optimize the readability of documents, such as light colored text and patterned background documents, for an accurate OCR. To further ensure clear and quality images, the DR-4010C scanner is equipped with the Punch Hole Removal and image-bleed-through technology.
Advanced Scanner Features
The DR-4010C desktop scanner is packed with advanced image processing features to boost your scanning efficiency. For fast, unattended batch scanning, this scanner automatically detects page size, skips blank pages, straightens skewed images, and rotates images that are sideways or upside down, and much more.
The DR-4010C scanner is equipped with Automatic Color Detection for easy, low-maintenance scanning. By detecting color, it eliminates the need to separate black-and-white and color documents prior to scanning.
Canon’s innovative feeding mechanism with retard rollers helps to ensure reliable page separation for fast, unattended batch scanning. The DR-4010C desktop scanner is equipped with ultrasonic sensors that can detect a gap between overlapping pages to prevent double feeds. Rapid Recovery System will allow you to simply reposition the document and seamlessly continue scanning.
The DR-4010C scanner features a versatile dual paper path designed to accommodate diverse document types. The default U-turn paper path handles batch scanning at high speeds, while a straight paper path provides the flexibility to scan plastic cards, fragile and thick documents. The DR-4010C device easily handles a wide variety of document sizes from business cards to legal size document and up to 39" in long document mode. With its ability to handle a range of document types and sizes, the DR-4010C scanner provides the utmost document scanning flexibility.
The DR-4010C has been tested for compatibility with many of the industry's leading electronic document management solution providers. Please check canon's web site for a comprehensive compatibility listing.
- The DR-4010C employs an advanced 3-Line CMOS CIS sensor to achieve ultra-fast color scanning at the same rapid rate as black-and-white - 42 ppm in simplex or 82 ipm in duplex.
- If scanning is interrupted due to a jam, the Rapid Recovery System allows you to reposition the document and seamlessly continue scanning right where you left off - only complete image data is sent to the PC.
- Includes new Straight Path feeding mechanism for scanning documents of unusual size and weight, including plastic cards, driver's licenses and insurance cards.
- The DR4010C inherits Canon's renowned high-precision roller system to deliver smooth, jam-free feeding of a wide variety of document types, from plastic cards up to 8.5" x 14" paper sizes.
- Quickly and reliably scan mixed batches with efficiency-boosting features like Skip Blank Page and Automatic Page detection.
- Two Text Enhancement modes, Advanced or High Speed, automatically optimize the readability of documents that contain hard-to-scan elements such as faint text, dark backgrounds, or pencil writing.
- Features Ultrasonic Double Feed Detection to prevent lost images and ensure that every page of even large batches of documents is scanned.
Desktop Document Scanner
Automatic or Manual
width: 2.1" - 8.6"length: 2.8" - 14"
U-Turn Path Scanning
14-32 lb. Bond
11-40 lb. Bond
Straight Path Scanning
14-32 lb. Bond
11-144 lb. Bond
3-Line Contact Image Sensor
Simplex, Duplex, Color, Grayscale, B/W, Advance Text Enhancement, High-speed Text Enhancement, Error Diffusion, Auto Color Detection
Dynamic Skew Correction System
Stacker Capacity: Approx: 100 sheets (80g/m2, up to Letter/A4 sizes)
In Color, B/W & Grayscale
200 dpi: 42 ppm 84 ipm
* Examples based on typical settings, rated in Images Per Minute with letter-sized documents, portrait feeding direction @ 200 dpi with AE off. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application software.
ISIS/TWAIN for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/ 7
(H x W x D): 7.3" x 12.5" x 10.9"
Approx. 14 lb.
Maximum 25 W or less. 3W in Energy Saving Mode
Daily Duty Cycle:
Barcode Module, Exchange roller kit
* Letter-sized portrait w/o AE @ 200 x 100 dpi excluding first-page scanning. Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ISIS is a registered trademark of Pixel Translations, Inc Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc.
IMAGEANYWARE is a service mark of Canon U.S.A., Inc.
All other terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, and are hereby acknowledged. All specifications subject to change without prior notice.
Canon CapturePerfect 3.0 and Adobe Acrobat Standard