The Kodak 1500 scanner
The Kodak 1500 scanner
Please see the i1320
Designed to keep the work moving
The Scanner 2500 features a quick-loading feeder that allows
you to stack up to 300 documents at a time. The short paper
path of the Scanner 2500 transports a range of mixed
documents with virtually no interruptions.
While the Scanner 1500 features auto-feeding and a short
paper path, it can do double duty as a flatbed scanner. Its
platen can be used to scan bound materials and exceptional
documents that are fragile, damaged, or very small. In a
high-volume environment, the Scanner 1500 can be used to
handle overflow and exception scanning.
Built to handle OCR/ICR forms processing
To facilitate tracking of paper originals, the Scanner 1500
supports imprinting on the front of documents and the
Scanner 2500 supports imprinting on the front or back of
documents. The optional imprinter can add a date, time,
fixed string, or sequential number. The Scanner 2500 has a
built-in red light source to process red dropout forms
without stopping to change lamps. On-board image enhancement
processing delivers great-looking image quality without
Designed to plug and scan
The Scanner 1500 and Scanner 2500 are easy to set up and
easy to use. They come with ISIS and TWAIN drivers and are
designed to take advantage of ADRENALINE image processing
accelerator hardware from Kofax Image Products. Simple SCSI
connections make installation a snap. A multimedia
operator's guide on CD simplifies training and maintenance.
Versatile scanners that fit many applications
The Scanner 1500 and Scanner 2500 can be perfect for your
centralized or decentralized scanning operation, depending
on your application volumes. For more information contact
your Authorized Imaging Reseller of KODAK Document Imaging
A friendly interface that's ready to work
For out-of-the-box productivity, KODAK DIGITAL SCIENCE
Low-Volume Capture Software Lite is packaged with
every Scanner 1500 and Scanner 2500. This production-capable
software shares the same user-friendly interface as KODAK
DIGITAL SCIENCE High-Volume Capture Software. The software
increases total scanner throughput with features that
include automatic blank page separation, cropping, deskew,
auto-rotation, and auto-deletion of blank backsides. All of
the capabilities work in real time without impacting the
scanner’s rated speed. Upgrade to KODAK DIGITAL SCIENCE
Low-Volume Capture Software for automated indexing from bar
codes, patch code separation, document printing, image
segmentation, and long paper scanning.
- Reliable paper transport - virtually eliminates
time-wasting interruptions and document presorting to
- Bypass feeding provides straight - through transport
on the Scanner 2500 to pamper fragile, damaged, or thick
- Flatbed scanning - the platen of the Scanner 1500
accommodates bound materials and exceptional documents.
- Simple operation - enables operators to be
productive with minimal training.
- Quiet operation and small footprint - fits in an
- Flexible feeding - handles batches of mixed sizes
and weights to save labor.
- High-capacity loading - the Scanner 2500 accepts up
to 300 documents for continuous scanning. The Scanner
1500 accepts up to 200 documents in its feeder.
- Image enhancement processing - maintains image
quality and host performance.
- Document imprinting - facilitates tracking of paper
originals and adds endorsements as proof of scanning.
- Gray scale image output - for top-quality
continuous-tone scanning, both scanners can also produce
4 bit (with or without JBIG compression) or 8 bit gray
scale images in resolutions ranging from 100 to 600 dpi.
- User-replaceable service items - reduces service
calls and scanner downtime by allowing an operator to
replace feed rollers without special tools or training.
- Service - protects your productivity with reliable
KODAK Service and Support.
- Scanner CD support - provides online training and
help for operators in an informative text/video format.
- KODAK DIGITAL SCIENCE Low-Volume Capture Software
Lite - provides additional functionality that
further enhances your scanning productivity.
Kodak 1500 Specifications
- Scanning technology -
Front Side: CCD image sensor
Back side: Contact image sensor
- Resolution - 100-600 dpi (400 dpi optical)
- Maximum imaging width - 11.7" (297mm)
- Throughput (A4, 200 dpi) -
40 ppm portrait
50 ppm landscape
- Output format - TIFF CCITT G3, TIFF CCITT G4, JBG
- Operating voltage range - 100 to 120V AC, or 220 to
240V AC, 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
- Power consumption - 1.8 A max.
- Operating temperature - 59° to 86° F(15° to 30° C)
- Operating humidity - 20 to 80% RH
- Approvals - UL 1950, C-UL 950, EN 60950, CE Mark,
FCC Part 15 Class A, Canada ICES-003 Class A, EN 55022
Class B, CISPR22 Class B, VCCI Class 1, C-Tick Mark, CSA
22.2 No. 950, EN60950, IEC 950, EN50082-2, EN61000-3-2,
- Width - 4.2" to 12" (106 to 305 mm)
- Length - 5.4" to 17" (138 to 432 mm)
- Thickness, single feed - .002" to .006" (.061 to
- Thickness, continuous feed - .002" to .008" (.061 to
- Feeder capacity - 200 page stack
- Recommended daily volume - up to 4,400 pages (up to
8,000 images duplex)
- Standard 90 day, Advanced Replacement next business
- 1, 2 or 3 Year Advanced Unit Replacement next
business day (available in optional KODAK Care Kit
- Interface support - SCSI-2, 50-pin, female
- Bundled Drivers - ISIS and TWAIN
- Height 11.7" (29.6 cm)
- Width 18.3" (46.4 cm)
- Depth 28.2" (71.7 cm)
- Weight 66 lbs. (30 kg)