is a fully integrated scanning, viewing, converting and printing system
for Calcomp color and monochrome scanners. Its Ultra-fast scan-to-disk
capabilities make it the perfect link between your Calcomp scanner and
popular software for graphics, reprographics, GIS, CAD, DTP and Archival.
software, companies can now share one or more scanners across its
departments no matter their locations. The Scan-to-network feature enables
you to send scans directly to specific computers set up to receive the
image data. This powerful feature lets you distribute and save images
directly through your network and through the internet.
- Scan and Pre-scan interactively through Overview
and Detail windows.
- Over 50 industry standard file formats supported.
- Advanced batch scanning and batch conversion for
high volume document handling.
- WIDEimageNET emulates image processing
features for scanners without hardware embedded processing.
- Effective, fast and reliable large format printing
to save time and money.
- Print processing handles in the software for
- Full compatibility with common large format
- Ultra fast viewer with tools for post-scanning
- Feature extraction screen for creating, editing
and downloading feature extraction filters for classified scanning
composed of three screens, each equipped with tools specifically designed
for professional scanning tasks.
Scanning Scan and prescan interactively. The split screen with
Overview and Detail windows lets you move around the image, and try out
different settings while you zoom in and view the effects on-line.
- Color modes - 24-bit true color, 8-bit indexed
color, 8-bit classified color.
- Realistic 8-bit graytone (256 grayshade levels).
- Printed copies with B/W copy normal, B/W copy
photo, B/W copy adaptive modes.
- Scan to file with B/W adaptive and B/W threshold
- RGB tone transfer curves, adjustable black and
- Brightness, contrast, tonal adjustment.
- Sharpen/soften/blur controls.
- Scan Window - Select a limited portion for
- Automatic alignment, rotation and inversion during
- Batch scanning.
- Direct scan to PDF with option for making image
- Option for scanning to any scan client located on
the internet or the local LAN.
The WIDEimageNET ultra
fast viewer offers all the tools you need for post scanning tasks. You can
work with the image just scanned or load one you scanned previously. The
- Effective printing and conversion of scanned
- Sophisticated zooming tools.
- Brightness and contrast adjustment.
- Color manipulation and color to grayscale
- Color counting and decreasing the number of
- Speckle removal, hole-filling and color inversion.
- Cropping, alignment, rotation.
- Measuring of distances and angles.
- Batch conversion.
In the Feature screen you create and edit a color feature
extraction filter. The filter can be downloaded to the scanner for color
classified scanning of whole groups of similar maps or drawings. The
Feature screen includes the following tools:
- Three ways to view image colors - Main image,
Color Wheel and Histogram.
- Switch between LUT filter viewing and RGB true
- Automatic creation of initial feature extraction (LUT)
- Button tools for marking and protecting colors.
- Button tools for merging and removing colors.
- Button tools for inserting, importing and
- Edit, apply and undo buttons.
Print scanned images directly to the most
popular laser and inkjet printers. On-screen definition of print windows in scanned
drawings. Any size can be printed, with either manually set scaling or auto-scaling to fit
popular output devices such as Hewlett Packard, CalComp, Versatec, Roland, JDL, NovaJet,
Oce, Graphtec and Laser-printers.
Third Party Programs
WIDEimageNET is a fast native 32 bit software,
compatible with virtually all third party software applications.
A Calcomp Color or Monochrome Scanner
with USB, FireWire or SCSI-2 Interface., Windows 98-NT-2000-XP